Aviation is a field that undergoes frequent changes. This industry works 24x7 hence, there is a change in manpower, resources, and the aircrafts too. The information technology is playing an instrumental role in the success of aviation. Right from the simulation software the trainee pilots use, here are some of the various software used by the staff of the aviation industry −
- Aircraft Maintenance Software that keeps tracks of on the floor activities of maintenance.
- Fuel Management Software that optimizes fuel procurement and reacts to the fluctuations in fuel price.
- Network and Route Performance Management Software that anticipates profitable air routes and enables quick decision-making.
- Catering Procurement Software that helps to carry out the entire procure-topay procedure seamlessly.
- Catering Production Software that emphasizes minimum waste and maximum customer satisfaction.
- Flight Information Display System (FIDS) at the airports works round the clock in real time to display the detailed flights status such that the travelers can get to know the latest information from any corner of the airport as well as on the Internet.
- Departure Control System (DCS) works in conjunction with the reservation system to keep the track of check-in travelers and issues boarding passes.
There are numerous mobile apps the customers use for checking flight times, booking flights, redeeming points against fare, and mobile checking-in. Thus, IT plays an important role in ensuring the smooth functioning of aviation operations.
Post a Comment