POSITION TITLE: Luggage Porter / Bell Boy
REPORTS TO: Bell Captain / Duty Manger
Primarily responsible to Greet and welcome all guest to the hotel and relieve guests of their luggage on arrival. You will ensure that the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times, and that all guest requests are dealt with in a prompt and courteous manner.
In Addition to assist guests with luggage, Porters are also responsible to collect and distribute post, parcels. And also deal with general inquiries and ensuring the lobby and forecourt areas are always clean and tidy..
BELL BOY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks the daily arrival list for VVIP's or guests with special need.
- To be present at the Concierge/Reception desk or in the lobby to be ready to assist guests, colleagues and visitors when requested.
- Ensure collection and delivery of guest luggage and equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Tag baggages it and return the identification slips to guests.
- Assists guests with luggage to the front desk.
- Escorts guests to room, placing luggage in room assigned by front desk.
- Inspects guest room for order and adequate supplies and informs guests of room amenities
- Delivers faxes, messages, packages and flowers to guests rooms and other offices.
- Provide items on loan to guest and collect the items back from guest before departure.
- Inform Front Desk Cashier to charge items given on loan, in case there is any charges applicable.
- Ensure the efficient delivery and collection of group luggage.
- Ensure that the guest has verified that all luggage has been accounted for.
- Ensure safe storage and collect ticketing of guest coats and personal items.
- Assist guest with Long term luggage storage requests / Left luggage requests.
- Update and file errand cards.
- Update the Luggage movement register.
- Transport departing guests luggage from the room to the lobby, then into a car or taxi after reconfirming with the guest.
- Respond to guest requests and queries providing a knowledgeable, efficient and helpful information service.
- Assist the senior Concierge on duty with his/her duties during busy periods and breaks.
- Assist with answering the telephone and taking messages, transferring calls or dealing with enquiries.
- To provide an efficient luggage storage, delivery and collection service.
- Perform any other works as and when assigned by the management.
Previous experience in hospitality would be preferred and Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service. Be a good team player and Flexibility to work a variety of early and late shifts. Able to stand for long hours.
High school or equivalent education. Computer Basics and knowledge of Property Management software.
Previous experience working in a luxury 4 or 5 star hotel or serviced apartments environment. The successful candidate is likely to have a passion for customer service, excellent communication skills and good levels of written and spoken English.
Post a Comment