POSITION TITLE: Bell Desk Captain
REPORTS TO: Duty Manger / Guest Service Manager
Primarily responsible for the supervision of all bell desk staffs, activities and also up keeping of desk area. The bell captain is also responsible for welcoming all guests to the hotel as well as bidding them with a found farewell. He should make sure all luggage, letter, courier and message movements are tracked and accounted.
Adhere to hotels standard operating standards at all times and also Communicate with Front desk manager to increase the efficiency of Bell stand / Bell Desk by preparing timely reports.
BELL CAPTAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that bell desk is manned at all times.
- Keep working area, clean and tidy always.
- Ensure that smooth and fast baggage handling for all arrival / departure guests.
- Maintain close relationship with reception / information / cashier as well as other departments.
- Attend all guest calls for Bell stand / Door Services related services.
- Delegate bell boys to pick up the baggages from guest rooms.
- Errand cards are filled in for all baggage movements (Check-in, Check-out, Left luggage etc.)
- For any guest requests follow up call to be made back to the guest to verify complete satisfaction.
- All guest request are logged on to guest request tracker.
- Check the inventory of items on loan, and all items are collected at the time of on or before check-out.
- All baggage movements are tagged and recorded.
- Update luggage movement register and sign off daily.
- Ensure left luggage forms are filled and duly signed by guest and also all applicable policies are explained to the guest.
- Guest Messages are distributed properly and accurately.
- Guest and other departments letters, couriers are distributed properly and accurately.
- Ensure that all bills are paid and room keys returned before guest depart from the hotel premises.
- Ensure that hotel shuttle bus service and airport transfer are carried out smoothly and properly.
- Order required newspaper for next day and monitor delivery of newspapers to each occupied guest room.
- Help observe safety and security rules at all times.
- Alert the management of any unattended packages and stranger found in the premises .
- Checks the daily arrival list for VVIP's or guests with special need.
- Prepare for group movements and ensure enough staffing is in place to handle groups.
- Greet all guests in the lobby in a warm and professional manner, make them feel welcome and anticipate their needs before they arise.
- Recognize all returning and VIP guests, and welcome them back.
- Helping guest service team in escorting guests to and from their accommodations and also orienting them with the property features, facilities and in room equipments.
- Inform guest about all hotel and guest room features, hotel facilities and emergency procedures.
- Assist guests with their luggage and try to acknowledge them by name.
- Make deliveries to guest rooms as instructed.
- Store and retrieve luggage and other objects for guests.
- Be aware of daily hotel activities, group and VIP arrivals.
- Communicate special guest requests to the Asst. Front Office Manager / Manager on Duty.
- Ensure the lobby, bell closet and work areas as well as departmental equipment are clean and presentable at all times.
- Assist the security team in scanning all guest luggage's.
- Offer assistance to all guests at times.
- Provide an efficient luggage storage, delivery and collection service.
- Perform any other works as and when assigned by the management.
Previous experience in hospitality would be preferred and Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service. Be a good team player and Flexibility to work a variety of early and late shifts. Able to stand for long hours and Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms and/or designated bell area.
High school or equivalent education. Computer Basics and knowledge of Property Management software.
Previous experience working within a hotel environment in the star / luxury market is essential Skills and Knowledge. Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing), Innovative , Pro-active and reliable. The successful candidate is likely to have a passion for customer service.
Post a Comment