Position Title: Conference Sales Manager / Event Sales Manager
Reports To: Director of Sales / Sales Head
Solicit Future conference business for hotels in assigned market areas. Maintain and exceed sales targets defined by the management. Also able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and achieve daily targets, whilst offering a very high level of Customer Service.
Additionally Work directly with key decisions makers from Corporate, negotiating rates and confirming their accommodation, meetings and events.
Conference Sales Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving, handling and converting Meetings, Events and Group enquiries.
- Planning events in conjunction with the client.
- Presenting and Selling available and suitable banquet / event options to the highest possible standard.
- Contact Meeting Planner by mail, telephone, customer outings and site inspections.
- Arrange and carry out Hotel show rounds.
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events.
- Negotiate space, dates and rates to obtain booking goal while focusing on shoulder and off season business.
- Identify need periods and undertake comprehensive program of sales activity to secure new and adhoc business minimizing the impact of low activity periods.
- Assist in development and solicitation of Banquet and event package plans and aimed at conference business and encourage repeat business.
- Attend trade and travel shows of various market area for promoting hotels event business.
- Actively manage business bookings, record denials, make network referrals.
- Make commercial decisions to maximize MICE income on a daily basis.
- Continue professional development through educational offering made via industry trade groups and educational institutions.
- Encouraging repeat business through excellent customer service and inquiry handling.
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs.
- Ensure online meeting partner websites are regularly updated and managed including photos, descriptions, and promotions.
- Each month review the next 6 months availability to highlight high or low demand dates and take steps to minimize the risk of any shortfall or overbooking.
- Ensuring all inquiries are recorded accurately in the Event Enquiry application (Opera S&M, Delphi, Protel Banquet, MICE software etc.).
- Bring in direct guests though online marketing and advertising.
- Helping the hotel to identify new avenues of business and bring in more banquet events to the hotel.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of sales, department and budgetary reports as and when required.
- Other duties and tasks assigned by the management within the job scope.
The ideal candidates should have a successful sales track record in direct sales and an ability to develop targeted prospect databases.
Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Hospitality or Sales and Marketing. Proficient in using CRM, MS office software applications including MS office, Excel, Power point etc.
3 to 5 Years Experience in hotel sales or Banquet sales or event sales with proven track record.
Post a Comment