POSITION TITLE: Credit Manager / Credit Controller
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager / Financial Controller
The credit manager position is responsible for the entire credit granting process, bill collection, including the consistent application of a credit policy. Also manage and ensure that the hotel achieves optimum performance and achieves the required credit targets.
Periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the credit worthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
CREDIT MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage relations with collection agencies.
- Manage relations with credit reporting agencies.
- Manage relations with credit insurance providers.
- Manage relations with the sales department.
- Manage all account queries and disputes.
- Manage Accounts Receivable and ensure all debtors accounts are reconciled regularly.
- Daily review of Accounts Receivable ledger and monitor incoming payment.
- Responsible for Ageing of Debtors and maintaining the same under control.
- Responsible for compiling all group billing.
- Focus on minimizing the AR outstanding balance.
- Responsible for maintaining the debtor’s ledger with regular review of the aged accounts.
- Monitor the AR ledger on a daily basis, If any discrepancies found then corrective measures to be taken after co-ordinating with the PMS vendor.
- Ensuring prompt, accurate and efficient system for billing of current and aged accounts.
- Review the AR Aging report on a daily basis.
- Review the Guest Ledger High Balance report daily and reporting discrepancies, ensuring check-in / check-out procedures are followed.
- Administer credit processes and policies for other departments in the hotel.
- Ensure the accuracy of all charges and credits to the various accounts and that they are properly posted on a timely basis.
- Ensure the timely credit collections of all outstanding payments.
- Follow up on all overdue accounts and send to debt collectors, as required.
- Monitor any unallocated payments from customers and apply the same with future bills.
- Monitor credit limits of all outstanding accounts.
- Check and verify that all open Paymaster accounts were justified and should comply with company’s policy and procedure.
- Ensure that all credit applications properly documented approved by the management and are based on hotel’s policy and procedure.
- Perform an audit trail for all debtors account to ensure that proper documentation is in place and charges are accurate.
- Respond and resolve customer queries.
- Reconcile all unpaid and short paid aged accounts.
- Reserve for doubtful accounts is maintained in accordance with company policy and the bad debt reserve report is in agreement with the G/L.
- Assign AR number to the approved accounts.
- Assign credit limit to the approved accounts.
- Black list accounts which are defaulters.
- Ensure compliance on Payment Card Industry (PCI) policy.
- Scrutinising all accounts to ensure adherence to the credit policy; includes pursuing and collecting delinquent accounts, providing status reports of uncollectable accounts and referring delinquent accounts to a collection agency.
- Collaborating with managers to ensure that all associated accounting requirements are adhered to in accordance with established procedures / time lines.
- Supervise Accounts Assistants regarding accurate and timely billing, processing of credit card inquiries and charge backs, billing of FIT accounts, processing of advance deposits and advance deposit refunds.
- Schedule and precedes the monthly credit meetings.
- Properly motivate the credit and collections staff.
- Reviewing Credit/Accounts Receivable operation and recommending/implementing improvements.
- Work with the Finance Manager to build effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Other special duties as and when assigned by the Financial controller.
A hardworking and honest individual with strong organisational skills with attention to detail. Ability to compile facts and figures. Command of the English language both written and verbal. Proficiency with MS Office (Excel / Word) and experience with PMS like Opera, Room master, Protel, Visual One, Delphi, Sun Finance, Oracle Finance, SAP etc.
High School Graduate or Master of commerce or BS in Accounting preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent certification.
Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role or supervisory experience in Credit and Collections, preferably in a high volume hospitality environment.
Post a Comment