POSITION TITLE: Director Sales and Marketing / Head Sales and Marketing
REPORTS TO: General Manager
To oversee and manage sales staff and reservation to ensure maximum revenue, promotional coverage and marketing opportunities are achieved.
The DOSM should work closely with revenue management and marketing functions, to develop strategies to maximize REVPAR and grow market share.
SALES DIRECTOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers.
- Ensure best client service is being made available through communication amongst the team, cross training within the department and appropriate office coverage.
- Works with sales managers to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
- Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the DOS.
- Set example through professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co-workers, timely response to clients and co-workers needs and observance of sales office standard.
- Ensure hotel meets or exceeds budgeted goals.
- Follow and track company cross-sell procedures.
- Utilize company profile database to determine geographic areas for travel agent calls while maintaining top and existing travel agent accounts.
- Organize travel agent month and travel agent appreciation rates for slow months.
- Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
- Creating a focus on attracting new business.
- Attending and contributing to the monthly sales strategy meeting
- Updating and owning the sales strategy & sales plan with the General Manager.
- Review and approves any special corporate negotiated rates by signing theCVGR (Company Volume guaranteed rate) contract.
- Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
- Leads on-property sales functions to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of hotel sales objectives.
- Recommends monthly room nights target goals for sales team members.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Develop and send informative press releases to targeted lists highlighting all activities and promotions.
- Maintain and expand corporate incentive program via direct mail, personal visits etc.
- Oversee and ensure the updation of rates, promotions on hotel website, OTA's (Online travel agents), GDS etc. without any rate parity.
- Responsible for the training of sales managers and staff.
- Follow and promote hotel standards with guests, co-workers.
- Evaluates and drives the hotel’s participation in the various sales channels, Market Sales, Event Booking Centres, electronic lead channels, etc.
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
High degree of commercial awareness and be able to understand links between sales and profit with excellent sales and negotiation skills. Good business sense and the ability to motivate and lead a team.
3-year degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or MBA.
5 to 6 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area. And min three years experience in a senior sales role.
My unilogin Hotel Group directs and executes sales and marketing strategies that maximum revenues for our hotels and profits for our owners. In a competitive and crowded hospitality and hotel market, it's important for hotels to be transparent about their event space, services, and capabilities.ReplyDelete
MuleSoft online training