POSITION TITLE: Finance Manager / Accounts Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager / Financial Controller
As an Accounting Manager he / she should provide the Owners, General Manager, and other management with accurate, timely, and relevant financial data. Additionally responsible for managing the audit function in hotel to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
FINANCE MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the guests have best possible experience by trouble-shooting and resolving all billing-related disputes.
- Represents the finance department on the daily department heads meeting with the general manager.
- Manage all phases of Accounts Payable, Receivable and department budget.
- Calculate and distribute wages and salaries.
- Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities.
- Prepare financial statements and debtors' listings.
- Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management.
- Providing direction to the night audit team so as to ensure proper revenue reporting.
- Reviewing all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- If any imbalance or difference found on the ledger then co-ordinate with the PMS team to resolving the same.
- Review the postings, payments, revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
- Ensure correct taxation are applied on all billing software like Property Management systems (PMS), Point of Sale (POS) and SPA software's.
- Ensure that all statutory details (PAN, TAX NO, Company Registration no. Etc.) are displayed on the guest invoices and bills.
- Bills A/R accounts daily and send the same to guest along with the supporting bills and statements.
- Follows up on any accounts within 3 days to ensure customer has received the invoice and does not have any questions.
- Review the Accounts Receivable (A/R) Ageing reports on a daily basis.
- Follow up 30 days after the initial billing if payment has not been received.
- Check customers credit ratings and Flag accounts as 'Black listed' for long outstanding or defaulter accounts.
- Enters invoices into accounts payable system weekly after verifying a purchase order was received from ordering department head and obtaining General Manager's approval.
- Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively.
- Maintain banking relationships and negotiating loans and merchant services for business units.
- Maintains files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
- Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required.
- Performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions.
- Approving all Travel Agent commissions and releasing payments after verification.
- Preparing financial reports and submissions to relevant government entities.
- Ensures all new hire paperwork, benefits, performance appraisals, disciplinary action forms and other pertinent personnel documents are filed appropriately and maintained in accordance with the company HR practices.
- Monitors and contains all property inventories to ensure proper levels without causing burdens on property cash flows.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports for meetings and investors.
- Working with executives and business heads to prepare budgets and track profit / loss performance by business unit.
- Providing direction and training to hotel operational team in areas related to finance, financial reports, internal controls, labour management, payroll, etc.
- Effectively manage the accounting team through respectful communication, clear expectations, relevant training, productive coaching, regular meetings, and appropriate performance management.
- Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities.
Strong verbal and written communications skills with strong accounting software experience. Proficiency with MS Office (Excel / Word) and experience with PMS like Opera, Room master, Protel, Visual One, Delphi, Sun Finance, Oracle Finance, SAP etc.
CA (Charted Accountant) or Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Graduate in Accounting.
5 to 6 years demonstrated accounting experience, preferably in a hospitality or food and beverage environment and quality with a background that includes forecasting and budgeting.
Post a Comment