JOB TITLE: GUEST SERVICES MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager or General Manager
Oversees all guest services operations, including front desk, reservations, PBX, bell staff, and transportation services to ensure quality and guest satisfaction. Good through knowledge of property management software (PMS) or hotel reservation software.
GSM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trains new Guest services department personnel.
- Answers letters of inquiry regarding rates and availability.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the room rack locations types of rooms, room rack operations, package plans, hotel facilities.
- Maintains a detailed knowledge about the hotel's services and hours of operations.
- Display a pro-active and leading role in terms of service, culture, development, team image, systems, procedures and skill development.
- Take reservations using the hotel reservation system, ensuring maximum occupancy and rates are obtained.
- Check guests in and out, including preparation of guest bills and authorising payments.
- Responsible for cash handling including float and banking.
- Dealing efficiently with day to day billing and guest service queries.
- Report anything considered a health and safety hazard.
- Using information available, plan and control both the preparation of future shifts and effective communication to the team.
- To act as a duty manager for the hotel, ensuring all guests are satisfied, both internal and external.
- Allocation of all rooms to include, special requests, sofa bed rooms and any other requirements as directed by the FOM.
- Lobby duty plays a key role in the success of the movement of our guests around the hotel.
- Prevent abuse and/or destruction of hotel property.
- Be flexible at all times in order to cover the unexpected needs of the Hotel and outlets.
- Knows all safety and understands emergency procedures and how to act upon them. Understands accident prevention policies.
- Knows cash handling procedures. Files and posts all changes to guest master and city ledger account.
- Good understanding about the Property management software (PMS).
- Anticipates and intervenes in all incidents of guest dissatisfaction and attempts to satisfy all such guests, within hotel policy.
- Do service recovery procedures.
Education: Minimum two year of college degree. Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Must be able to speak and understand the primary language used by the guests who visits the hotel.
Experience: Minimum one year of hotel front desk supervisory experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
Post a Comment