POSITION TITLE: Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager / Area General Manager / Regional General Manager
Operation Manger should have an excellent level of commercial awareness, who can build and maintain relationships with internal and external guests. Also responsible for highlighting short/medium/long-term issues to the General Manger / Cluster General Manager and to help formulate solutions.
The Operations Manager is also required to assist in the preparation of the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes.
OPERATIONS MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fully responsible for all aspects of all departments.
- Support and work with all Head of Departments in all aspects of running this hotel.
- Ensure the premises are in operative condition as per category of the unit to receive & serve the guests.
- Conduct regular operations team meeting with all the HOD daily / weekly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets, GSTS feedback / RSTS feedbacks and action taken for service recovery, and also any staff issues. Minutes of the meeting to be sent to GM/RGM.
- Ensure SOP implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks. Consultant /GRM guidance to be taken wherever required.
- Monitor the purchase / indent / requestions of each department, the accounts receivable (collection from debtors) and the accounts payable (payable to the vendors / suppliers etc).
- Randomly inspecting the stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc) with the F & B Manager & Chef.
- Dealing with Suppliers / Vendors for quality products involving Purchase Manager and providing performance assessment of vendors every quarter to HO Purchase.
- Inspecting all departments for SOP implementation.
- Inspecting all department with their respective Manager's for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture.
- Monitor the co-ordination between all departments for smooth & efficient operations.
- Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Meet all dept. heads to review & train the staff to upkeep the human capital.
- Identifying staff learning needs and assisting with development
- Providing timely and constructive feedback to all direct reports as and when required either formally or informally.
- Conduct weekly / Daily meeting with marketing people for enquiry & follow up & conversion to grow up the business.
- Monitor and maintain operation & overhead cost in order to maintain maximum revenue to the organisation.
- Be on available on call 24 hours a day to resolve any urgent problems on emergencies.
- Responsible for the overall management of the operation of the hotel.
- Any other duties assigned.
Excellent revenue management skills with experience of budgets, P&L's and forecasting. Working with colleagues to share skills, knowledge, resources and networks. Highly focused, have excellent communication skills, be motivated and professional in appearance and presentation.
Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset or Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field. Computer Knowledge, MS office. Experience in Property Management Software's, Revenue Management Systems desired.
Minimum 3 to 4 years work experience in a 3 to 5 Star Hotel as a Deputy Manager, Asst. Operations Manager or Hotel Manager.
Post a Comment