POSITION TITLE: Swimming Pool Attendant
REPORTS TO: Spa Manager / Front Office Manager / Manager on Duty
Performs guest safety and recreational work supervising, swimming and enforcing regulations at a hotel pool as well as providing for the guest-s comfort. An essential responsibility of this role includes ensuring cleanliness, setting -up and safety of all areas and facilities and attend to all guests needs within the hotel pool area as per the safety guidelines of the hotels management.
SWIMMING POOL ATTENDANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observes and patrols pool and enforces safety regulations.
- Assists swimmers from water when in danger.
- Provide excellent service consistent with the hotels standards operating procedures and brand attributes.
- Greet all guests upon arrival, distribute towels, offer assistance with seating, and delivering consistent guest service, exceeding guest expectations, and providing all other supporting services..
- Knowledgeable of pool facility such as length and depth of all pools, how many laps it takes to make complete a mile in meters and feet etc.
- Pool side Bar hours of operation, location of facilities, and emergency procedure for rescue.
- Knowledgeable of hotel facilities and services to answer guest inquiries.
- Willing to take ownership of all guest requests and complaints, try to resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guests satisfaction.
- Identify and report defects throughout the pool and spa area, notify supervisors and concerned departments immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Ensure swimming pools and the complete health club area is clean at any times and report any maintenance issues to engineering department.
- Ensure the pool deck is swept and watered down and that all furniture is in the correct place, when setting up in the morning.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of resuscitation, first aide, and CPR/PR techniques.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions sufficient to be able to establish a safe work environment for self and others.
- Knowledge of swimming pool equipment sufficient to be able to perform minor maintenance work on the equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of pool deck and facilities including straightening and stacking chairs, collecting soiled towels and trash, moving chairs, towels, replacing flags, and cleaning signs.
- Facilitate and maintain consistent pool safety programs, training, and documentation to ensure the overall safety of guests in the pool area.
- Work closely with other departments that are essential to ensuring a positive guest experience.
- Properly utilize performance feedback, recognition, training, and adherence to company policies, legal requirements.
Must have good understanding of the English language. CPR and First Aide Certified is an added advantage. Excellent customer service skills. Ready to work varied shifts during Weekdays, weekends and holidays.
High School diploma or equivalent. Basic Computer knowledge
Previous experience working as a Pool Guest Attendant or Lifeguard in star hotels.
Post a Comment