POSITION TITLE: REVENUE MANAGER
REPORTS: Accommodations Manager / Sales and Marketing Director
Revenue Manager is responsible for both strategic and tactical initiatives related to revenue maximization. As a member of the Revenue Management Department, you will have the opportunity to set strategic direction, determine pricing, create promotions, and explore new distribution opportunities.
You will own the implementation of a business plan and product strategy. You will have exposure to senior management and work closely with Sales, Marketing, Trade Support and Services and Reservations.
REVENUE MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and maintain group and transient inventory controls
- Develop, monitor, and adjust sales and pricing strategies
- Provide critical analysis of strategies, room's statistics and demand factors
- Conduct competitive and demand analysis
- Maintain distribution channel data integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel.
- Independently implements appropriate hotel inventory distribution strategy; maintains accurate rates and inventory allotments in the IDS/GDS/CRO and property PMS in a timely manner to promote rate parity throughout all booking channels.
- Develops near and long term top-line rooms revenue hotel forecasts upon request from the Regional Director of Revenue Management.
- Loads all preferred, consortia and promotional rates in GDS and PMS
- Spearheads troubleshooting and resolution of any GDS rate loading issues as they occur.
- Analyzes independently and determines whether hotel is effectively marketing itself across electronic distribution channels.
- Participate and prepare rolling forecast and annual budget for each property using PMS, Delphi, Redx, IDeaS and forecasting tools RevTOOLS.
- Ensure that all rooms statistics reports, including the Financial statement, and any other related reports are accurate and consistent
- Ensure that all revenue management related systems are maintained including Opera/Fidelio/Protel, Redx/Synxis/ IDeaS, Electronic channels, GDS, and Delphi.
- Support the NSA at the property level to complete the monthly audit in making sure that the Delphi / IDeaS system is being utilized effectively.
- Attend Weekly Sales Meeting to maintain communication of strategies and need periods.
- In general, perform any other duties might requested by Front Office Manager or Room Division Manager.
- Perform revenue management service for a select group of hotels.
- Manage all aspects of rate & inventory management as outlined in the services contract.
- Lead a team of Revenue assistants, providing direction on revenue management best practices, PMS/CRS/External Yield systems best practices, third party channel best practices.
- Creates and manages the training program of new hires to the revenue management team.
- Prepare training materials, training schedules, and systems training for the team members.
Candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field. Candidate should have 2-4 years of successful revenue management experience at a multi-property level.
Experience in hotel revenue management is important to the success of this role. Candidate must have excellent analytical skills and must fully comprehend the travel industry distribution landscape. This includes third party channels, GDS, central reservation systems, and property management systems.
Strong verbal and interpersonal skills are imperative as the candidate will interact remotely with hotels, interact frequently with corporate brand representation, and will coach direct reports on revenue management best practices. Candidate must be able to effectively communicate ideas in verbal and written presentations.
The right person for this position will have a demonstrated ability to lead initiatives and show skills in follow up, multi-tasking, leadership and accountability for team actions.
Post a Comment