Employees are the key to success only when they are satisfied, motivated, when they find growth and opportunities in the working environment. Following listed points go a long way to keep the employees motivated.
- Provide the employees what they want and need to the best extent possible.
- Frequently communicate with the employees.
- Proper evaluation and assessment of employees’ performance.
- Keep employees engaged in constructive work related to the organization.
- Provide necessary education and training for realizing success.
- Generate mutual trust between the management and employees.
- Special focus on high-potential employees.
- Be creative to avoid downsizing.
- Implement incentive programs to perform better.
A recent survey shows that organizations should strive to create a great place for great people to do great work. Hence, there is a need to understand what motivates whom. Employees are primarily motivated by two important factors - organizational culture and compensation package.
Strategies to Motivate Employees
As a manager or an employer, it is always difficult to decide which motivational factors motivate employees. Following pointers might help in this regard.
- Make a preparatory list of some things which motivates each of your employees.
- Have each of your employees note the factors that motivates them personally.
- Choose those factors that are acceptable to both the employee and the organization.
- Conduct one-on-one meeting with each employee and reward appropriately at the right time.
- Provide vital demands of the employees such as paid medical leaves, flexible working hours, etc.
- Empower the employees where they can excel.
- Conduct periodical and flawless performance appraisal system.
- Celebrate achievements with the employees.
Last but not the least, make the employees feel at home when they are at work.
Post a Comment